The mercenary system created solely for Endless War is an extra incentive to the common PVP side of Lineage II, Interlude. There are two groups in Endless War, the mercenaries, who are players seeking to eliminate other players for rewards, and the group composed for regular players looking to kill the mercenaries, of course they also receive a nice reward from the local authorities.
Players can choose to be mercenaries and stop to being one wherever they want. This means that you are free to choose what group you want to be part of, but there are some restrictions and rules.
Being a Mercenary
To be a mercenary you must be at least level 20, meet our NPC Lazarov and select the option “I want to be a Mercenary”:
When you become a mercenary a Mercenary Rank 0 item will be sending to you. There are 6 Mercenary Ranks, from level 0 to 5. Every death caused by you will increase your rank level, it does not matter if it was through PVP or PK:
Every Mercenary Rank level you get will increase the price of your head and the no mercenary players will be more willingly to hunt you down. If you reach Mercenary Rank 5 you will be able to trade the item by 50 Silver Coins through Lazarov:
Furthermore, every kill you make will grant you a “Death Certificate” item:
Stop being a mercenary
To leave the mercenary way there are two options. One is visit Lazarov and select the “Stop being Mercenary“ option:
There is a restriction in this point: if you have killed a player you will have to wait 60 minutes after the death.
The second option is to be killed by another player. This will prevent you from being a mercenary again for the next 6 hours:
When you are no longer a mercenary the Mercenary Rank item will disappear from the inventory and any earned rank will be lost.
Any player can kill a mercenary as long as he/she has the courage to do so, needless to say there are rewards for them. A no mercenary player who kills a mercenary will receive the Mercenary Rank achieved by the mercenary:
You can trade this item by visiting Bodahn for Silver Coins:
|Rank 0||15 Silver Coins|
|Rank 1||20 Silver Coins|
|Rank 2||25 Silver Coins|
|Rank 3||30 Silver Coins|
|Rank 4||35 Silver Coins|
|Rank 5||40 Silver Coins|
Restrictions and side notes
- Mercenaries can’t exchange items with Bodahn
- Non-mercenaries can’t exchange items with Lazarov
- A mercenary who kills another mercenary will increase the rank and receive a Death Certificate item but no Mercenary Rank one
- When a mercenary joins the game Lazarov will send a reminder:
- When a player (mercenary or not) kills another player the server will be notice:
- Mercenaries can’t join Olys
- Mercenaries can’t join Abyss Arena
Cases where NO Death Certificate o Mercenary Rank items will be granted:
- Combat zones such as Aden’s Coliseum
- Abyss Arena
- Members of the same clan
- Members of the same alliance
- Members of the same party
- Members of the same command channel
- There is no 8 levels between them
- Characters with the same IP
- Same IP/HWID with more than 3 kills in 24 hrs
- IP/HWID Account Control System
Silver Coin as reward
Silver Coins have great value in Lineagedos. This coin can’t be obtained through donations. 100 Silver Coins will get you a Gold Coin, the donation standard coin. By getting these coins you can buy any object from Bodahn’s Bazaar.
Therefore, Silver Coins are tradeable, so you can use them as current money. They can be used as currency in Asteroth too.
Advices and Warnings
- Remember that each death is announce to the entire server, as a result, a dangerous situation can escalate quickly.
- There is a 1% chance to drop a piece of your equipment (weapon, armor o jewlery) if you in PVP or PVE, this is not the case if you are PK’ed.
- The Endless War world is very dangerous, because of this we recommended wearing a minimum quality equipment, that is why we created Gorfang. This NPC trades Shadow weapons and armors for Adena. Just remember that these items don’t have bonus, they just give P.ATK, M.ATK o P.DEF, they are temporary and can’t be enchanted. It is crucial to get good gear as soon as possible.
It is complety forbiden to fix deaths with the solely pourpuse of farming “Death Certificate” or “Mercenary Rank“ items. In addition to the mercenary system, there are two additional systems. One for PVP/PK control and the second for Silver Coins transactions management to avoid this kind of behavior. In any case, if a player finds a fraudulent way to farm “Death Certificate” or “Mercenary Rank” items and exploit such bug without submitting a report to our staff a permanent ban will be applied to every account linked to his IP/HWID and the transaction log will be carefully assessed to look for others involved.